Subscribe to Our Free Newsletter
- The best tip for a great hotel stay — get a hotel human touch
- Twenty suggestions for cruise experiences you might kick yourself if you miss
- Venice for the disabled is not easy
- Where are delayed checked-bag-fee refund rules passed by Congress eight years ago?
- 7 solid reasons why you might not want an exit-row seat
These accomplishments have been achieved by working closely with our members, national media, the travel industry, the Department of Transportation (DOT), Congress and many other agencies.
- – Removal of restaurant fees from DC area eateries — this is an ongoing project
- – Creation of DOT Dashboard to outline consumer rights after cancellation of a flight
- – Bi-partisan bill to eliminate hotel resort fees introduced into House of Representatives
- – Creation of the Advisory Committee for Aviation Consumer Protections
- – Advertised airfares now include airfare plus, mandatory taxes and fees
- – Lost/damaged/delayed luggage compensation limit increased to $3,800
- – Passengers have 24 hours to change or cancel their nonrefundable tickets without penalty
- – Once an airfare is purchased, that airfare and ancillary fees cannot be increased
- – Families flying together act passed by Congress that requires family members 13 years of age and younger to sit with other family members at no additional cost.